The Fourth in our series of recipes! And a great slow cooker ketchup that tastes better the Heinz stuff in our opinion and does not have half the ingredients!
You will need:
- 1.6 litres of pureed tomatoes
- 120ml of water
- 125g sugar
- 180ml of white vinegar
- 1tsp onion granules
- 1/2tsp of garlic granules
- 2 tsps of salt
- 1 tsp of English mustard
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- Blitz the tomatoes in the blender
- add all the ingredients into the slow cooker
- Cook on high for 10-12 hours, until it has reduced by half
- Blend again with a hand blender
- Push the mixture through a fine sieve and bottle.
- You can water bath can this to make it last longer!
- if you like a bit of a kick, you can also add chillies to make it a chilli ketchup!
We would love to see your efforts!! Please hop on over to Facebook or Instagram to show us!!
4 thoughts on “Scrumptious Saturdays – Ketchup in the slow cooker!!”
How do I make 1.6 litres of tomato puree?
Whizz up a load of tomatoes in the blender! That’s all we did…. if you want a smoother mix push the blended stuff through a sieve 😁
Thank you! One more question if you don’t mind: should I remove the seeds first?
If you want a smoother ketchup yes the sieve element will sort those!! 😁