The next in our series of recipe posts from the recipes we use regularly around here at the smallholding, preserving our harvests for scrummy treats through the year!
Today is the turn of Courgette and Feta Fritters
You will need:
- 600g grated courgette
- 100g self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 spring onions
- 150g feta
- 1 garlic clove
- 2tsp of dill/mint/coriander (optional to add all 3, or just one or two)
- oil for frying
- Add the salt to the grated courgette and leave for 10 minutes
- Using your hands try to squeeze as much liquid out as possible
- Add the flour, eggs, and mix well
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well again
- put a frying pan with a small amount of oil in the bottom over a medium to high heat and spoon in tablespoons of mixture to make individual little patties, flipping them half way through cooking to brown both sides lightly.
- These taste amazing hot or cold and freeze really well so if you batch cook a load you can add them to lunches as and when!