Busy times again here as always it seems but now the workshop is nigh on finished and now functional!!!!!
So I decided to crack on with a few jobs I’ve been planning for a while…..
Firstly, I made something to occupy the small human whilst we are in the work shop and to stop him porcupining all the available holes in workbenches etc with screws!!!
A work bench!!
So I cleaned up a lovely chunk of hard wood, which incidentally used to be part of the old barn roof itself….
I marked out the lettering with a pencil and a stencil I printed off from the computer and cut out using a craft knife…. Then using my pyrography tool I burnt the name into the wood…. Currently I’m on the second coat of varnish of about seven!!!
So whilst I’m varnishing I’ve started another project for the boys!!! (As will be come March, bump two is a little boy!!) I am turning a dolls house Dad made and I roofed and painted…..
I used in my classroom for a few years as both a teaching resource and as a choice time activity/play resource…..
Now it starts its journey to being a barn for the boys to keep their toy tractors and farm animals in!!